Ashley Stephenson has been involved with the Canadian Women’s National Baseball team since its inception 2004. She was a player for many years and has now transitioned into coaching. She is extremely passionate about baseball in general but more specifically, about getting girls and women involved in the game.
Baseball Canada is trying to increase participation among women and one of their goals is to impact it from a coaching perspective. This is where Ashley comes in as she will be delivering female only coaching clinics, online of course.
To keep it simple, here are the important details:
- Instructor – Ashley Stephenson
- Participants – Prairies –> 12 to 20 participants/coaches per clinic
- Dates – Sunday, May 16th at 4:00 PM (Sask Time)
- Duration – Course is roughly 4 hours long
- Fees – free for participants (they will complete the Coach Initiation e-learning module before attending this virtual clinic) – all fees are covered but if you have any questions pleases contact June Sterling at Baseball Canada at email@example.com
- Registration – females interested will sign up through the Baseball Canada website (link to the coaching platform can be found on the Baseball Canada website). It will also be sent to all of you so you can help promote this through your province.
The clinics have been added to the NCCP site – as per link below. All coaches looking to register will need to log in and register for the clinic or if you do not have a nccp.baseball.ca account, you will need to register before the event.
Once a coach joins, you will need to complete the two initiation modules before you will be able to join your event (Initiation module and Fundamental module) – takes about 45 minutes to an hour to complete.